Thursday, January 29, 2015

Connectivity


During a misty San Francisco summer twilight of what also turned out to be the final eve of my mom’s life, I was awakened at 4 am by feverish dreams. I dreamt I was in my studio with several artists and we were in a great hurry to paint several unglazed ceramic monkeys. I was leading the production line and really cracking the whip to have the monkeys finished on time, which was at that moment. We were quickly passing them along to one another completing their glazing and than a ringing alarm went off in the studio signifying we were done.

At that same moment, my bedroom phone rang. I awoke from the subconscious, but realistic work-dream, to the full consciousness of the room around me. I did not answer the phone, as I knew what the news was. My mom had passed. I brushed my teeth, got dressed, than listened to my VM. The first message was from my mom earlier that day, aggravated and confirming that I had sent over a housekeeper, who she had requested. She ended with her typical farewell “I love you”. There was a breathy rattle in her voice.  I deleted it knowing it was the last time I would hear her voice. The second was from my brother saying to call.  So I called and he confirmed what I already knew- she had just died, and he was with her body at her home. I asked him not to move her body, he agreed, and I went rite over.
When I saw where she had laid down to die, I intuitively knew her process and why she was where she was in her home and I was comforted that she had passed exactly how she envisioned and desired- alone in her own perfectly organized environment. The housekeeper did well!

I wanted to see what she saw while she was transitioning, so I quickly laid down write next to her and followed the gaze of her eyes, which were still wide open.
She was staring directly at 3 ceramic monkeys which were prominently posed in the classic hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil positions.
Those 3 monkeys now live in my home.



We are all connected…

Gregangelo
Artistic Director
Velocity Arts & Entertainment
Velocity Circus
San Francisco
415 664-0095
www.gregangelo.com
velocitysf@prodigy.net

No comments:

Post a Comment